Dreams (CNN Heroes)

I write a lot about my physical fitness but because I love being fit on all sides of life, I am writing about Dreams today.

Not the ones you have when you are sleeping but those that you do have in your full consciousness. We sometimes refer to them as 'ambitions'.

These are conscious thoughts of what we wish we will become sometimes in the farthest or nearest future. Thoughts that fantasize us a lot and most often we fashion our lives towards such dreams, we walk and work towards realizing such dreams in our daily pursuit and struggles.

I have had lots of dreams in my little years of life, from marrying an IT expert (I did not pursue that but it came), to having 6 kids (ouch!), to becoming a superman like "batman or batgirl"(lol), to living in a big house and having a large kitchen (wow), to becoming a part of the Sesame Street Crew and the dreams are endless


What are your dreams? Have they been realizable? How much effort are you putting towards getting "there" soon?

Talking about "realizable dreams"? I did have one particular dream some two decades ago and just this morning, I felt it's too big then and even now. lol


That day someone told us to say our dreams out and talk to God about them, and in my words I said and I quote,

"I want to broadcast on the CNN". 

I felt it was too large that day way back, and now I feel they are even larger and so untouchable for me. It is rather funny to me though.


Even if I feel that dream is not achievable, I never stopped crushing on CNN and more importantly the women who had been part of the team for ages. I think they also had great dreams and maybe the reasons why they are there today, maybe...

Well, I am seriously in love with the women on CNN and I stalk them to some extent. I love to hear their names, watch them talk, check out their dress sense, haircuts, families etc. I will mention some:


Rosemary Church


Hala Gorani


Becky Anderson


Christiane Amanpour (My Favorite)










I wonder how it would have sounded "This is Tope Tunde-Gideon for CNN" just my way.

Do you still hope your dreams will come true? What ambiguous dreams did you have? Share...


Comments