5 things happened:
1. New workout plan started on Monday
2. White Bread on Monday diet
3. Fried Plantains (4 slices) on Tuesday
4. Reduced steps on my tracker for Tuesday
5. Post TOM week
Some of the above could have been responsible for a 3lbs gain in three days. I was sad because of this but I did not allow it to dampen my morale to stop moving forward.
Irrespective of what happens on your weight loss journey especially when it is negative e.g. a binge week, a gain or a workout rut, you have to tell your mind that there is another opportunity to be the best. Do not over-flog the issue and be in despair, just brace up and know that you can do it. It's within this ups and downs that lies your success, one day you will definitely come out as a weight loss story but before then, there are lots of struggles and disappointments to meddle with as you move to the top of the ladder.
I have studied my body enough to know what works for it and patience is the key to my success. I have to be as patient as possible with my body and I need to do the right things to it for the weigh in days to be happy days. Some (10) facts about my body:
- I speedily gain weight on white bread
- Late dinners make me weigh more in the morning
- Early/Light/No Dinner gives me unbelievable weight loss (it maybe water weight though)
- Low numbers close to TOM, high numbers the week after TOM
- White Carbs cravings during TOM and fertile days
- Intermittent Fasting earns me consistent weight loss
- Light/No Dinner(s) reduces my waist
- I react to a new workout plan (it maybe a gain or a drastic loss)
- More than 250 minutes of vigorous exercise with good portion control earns me consistent weight loss
- Boredom than any other emotion, makes me binge heavily.
There are more facts about me but what I have to do is to study this body within this week and feed it with what works and drop what doesn't work.
There is no one-size-fits-all and that is why you have to become a scientist on your weight loss journey. Take the time to study your body and experiment with it.