Answers


Hello readers, these are answers to two previous posts.


What were questions that bothered you as a kid?

How do people get into the TV?

My beautiful brother answered, in his words “they normally go in through the sockets and the wires as tiny creatures and then they change to humans when they get inside the box, lol. Funny enough I believed that for an exceedingly long time as a kid.

What question do you still have unanswered till now?

Why do bad things happen to good people? I think everyone still asks this question in way till now. We may never get answers to that or we may explain it.

Why did you stop or start asking questions?

I started at the point I realized smart people are curious and it projects them into knowing more and better. It is a lot more easier these days with Google.com, I can ask without being judged, I can pose any question and I will get thousands of answers it is left to me to filter them using my moral correctness.

To the Seven Questions (specific to my fitness journey)

What kind of thinking error could I be making?

I always believed that it was impossible to lose weight after the age 40.

What evidence is there that this thought might not be true (or completely not true)?

This thought is so untrue because I have friend and a teammate on Sparkpeople (Kristi) who lives in Hungary and started losing weight at 44 years old, she got to her goal weight in 6 months and had kept it off for 8 years now

Is there an alternative explanation or another way of viewing this?

Because of the individual differences in body make up, environment, availability to facilities etc it might be harder for some people or easier but after studying the life of the woman I realized she was just resilient and consistent. She never went out of the way to do anything extra than discipline and a strong will to be healthy.

What is the most realistic outcome of this situation?

You can get it if you really want but you must try. If you desire results without efforts, you will have the same thinking errors as I have always had.The mantra for this blog says, “you don’t get it by wishing , just do it”.
 


What is the effect of my believing this thought and what could be the effect of changing my thinking?

Well, I had been on a roller coaster even before I clocked 40 years and when I did, I relaxed in my sub consciousness, believing I cannot lose weight successfully and I did not. I know now that all I need to do is change my mindset and I will do all that I set my heart to achieve. For example, I stopped posting on this blog because I believed people don't read because there are no comments, but recently I realized that putting my journey to a healthy lifestyle out here is helping me more than the readers. This is like my personal journal to wellness, I would love to be encouraged by comments and sharing for others to learn, but if I want to benefit more from this write up I must be ready to show up for me always.

What would I tell a close friend or family member if he/she were in this situation and had this thought?

  • Age is just a number.
  • You are what you feel in your heart.
  • Work your mind to rule on your body.
  • It is all in the mind (winning or losing any battle starts and ends there)

What should I do now?

I will take my own advice and not give up.


[Please post a comment and share what thinking errors you had growing up and how you overcame the situation. Subscribe to my blog please]

Comments